Author: Louise Wilson
Our Piping, Writing and Lettering tutorial is taken from our popular one-day class. It is a 44 page guide that gives you all the written instructions and step by step photos to get you started using Royal Icing.
- An equipment list.
- Guide to Mixing Royal Icing from a packet.
- Recipe and instructions for making Royal Icing from scratch.
- Information on storing and using Royal Icing.
- How to colour Royal Icing.
- Piping Basics (how to pipe a straight line and dots).
- Pressure piping and piping shapes (flowers, ducks, baby booties).
- Piping scrolls, stars and ropes.
- Fancy Lettering - how to transfer your design to a cake
- Brush Embroidery.
- Drafting and practicing side designs for cakes.
- Drafting designs for cake tops and how to transfer to the cake.
- How to position your lettering so it all fits in.
- Cut out letters and run outs.
- Printable templates for practice (left handed and right handed templates).
- Printable template for drafting lettering on curves.