This tutorial was written for the class that we ran, it contains step by step instructions with photos and templates.
This item is a 67 page PDF file and will be available for you to download immediately on purchase.
What is in this tutorial?
- List of tools required to complete this project.
- List of consumables required to complete this project.
- Basic information on pastes and glue.
- Building a board structure to build your car on.
- Covering your cake board.
- Choosing the right shaped cakes to bake for carved cakes.
- Layering and filling your cake.
- Creating a shape from your basic shaped cake.
- Basic carving techniques.
- Use of crumb base and crumb coat.
- Covering your car cake, and enhancing the features and curves.
- Adding details to your car cake to give it detail and polish.
- Creating a cake board to suit your car shape.
- Building the car on the cake board.
- Supporting the car so that it looks like it has nothing underneath.
- Adding the wheels.
- Using different colour combinations.
- Using different pastes (sugarpaste, modelling paste and flowerpaste).
- Finish your cake board with ribbon, the easy way.
- Lots of hints and tips on rescuing mistakes and accidents.
- Recipe for Lou's cake.
- Hints and tips on storing cakes.
- Boxing your cakes for travel .
Why should you buy this tutorial?
Most cake decorators will be asked at some point to make a car shaped cake, or a perhaps a bus, a tractor, or a sports car! They are one of the most popular birthday cakes for boys and men. We want to show you how to make yours stand out from the rest, by being able to see UNDER the wheels of the vehicle. This will really impress your customers!
We have devised a cake that will teach you all the fundamental techniques for creating a shaped car cake, which you can apply to any other vehicle. You will learn lots of helpful hints and tips to give you confidence to make many different shaped modes of transport, not just cars!
You will cut, shape and fill your cake, learning valuable tips on how to fix any disasters you may have while carving! You will learn how to create a basic car shape and cover it with sugarpaste, creating a smooth finish, then using the right tools to enhance all the features such as the windows, bonnet, doors and bumper.
This tutorial is for you if you struggle with this type of cake and really want to nail it!
This item is a PDF file and will be available for you to download immediately on purchase.