This tutorial was written for the class that we ran, it contains step by step instructions with photos and written instructions.
This item is a 71 page PDF file and will be available for you to download immediately on purchase.
What is in this tutorial?
- Equipment list and consumables needed to make this cake.
- Options for supporting structures in tall cakes.
- Board and support construction including tools and equipment for cake supports and armatures.
- How to build and support your corset cake.
- Developing your design.
- Working with Ganache (including recipe for regular and vegan ganache)
- Choosing the right shaped cakes and boards to suit carved creations.
- Cake tips.
- Stacking and filling your cakes.
- Carving, building and shaping your basic cake.
- Use of crumb base.
- Dowelling in tall structures.
- Covering your tall, shaped cake.
- Using the different mediums: royal icing, sugarpaste, modelling paste, flower paste and cake lace.
- Using stencils to create panels.
- Replicating lace effects.
- Creating fabric effects.
- Use stencilling techniques.
- Adding piped details.
- Using metallics for added detail.
- Creating ribbon details including corset lacing.
- Finishing your cake board with ribbon.
- Boxing your unusual shaped cakes.