Tutor: Louise Wilson
Time: 10am - 2pm
Skill Level: Beginner
Equipment: All equipment and flower paste will be provided.
Cake: We will provide you with 6 cupcakes to decorate.
Class size: This class has a maximum of 6 students.
What you will learn in this class:
- The basics of baking the perfect cupcake.
- How to make modelling paste.
- Sugarpaste, modelling paste, flowerpaste, Mexican paste, gum paste - what are they all and how will I know when to use them?
- Covering cupcakes to create a flat surface.
- Creating a buttercream swirl - learn two techniques, swirl and rose.
- Covering Cupcakes using texture mats for an embossed and lustred texture of your choice.
- Using Blossom Sugar Art cutters and veiners to create gorgeous flowers.
- How to use plunger cutters to ensure a clean cut every time.
- Using silicone moulds and how to get the paste out for a flawless decoration.
- How to create decorations in moulds using more than one colour.
- Using stamps and embossing tools to create beautiful designs.
- Applying lustre dusts for different effects.
- Tips on applying moulded decorations to butter-creamed cupcakes.
Why should you come to this class?
Do you have trouble getting your decorations out of moulds? Have you ever wondered how the experts get those fiddly little letters out of those tappit strips? Do you long to play with lustre dust and try out different colours or embossing effects? If you answered yes to any of these then we have the perfect class for you!
Our creative cupcakes class is designed for beginners, although anyone is welcome if you just want to come and play! We will begin by teaching you about the different pastes that we use for covering cakes, creating models and decorations with moulds, plus flowerpaste which is used for more delicate decorations.
You will have the opportunity to play with our embossing mats (over 30 designs) stamps, and texture pins to create a myriad of beautiful tops to place your decorations - we have a wide range of lustre dust colours that you will be able to use to bring glamor to your creations.
The 2nd part of the class will be just as much fun! We will bring out our vast collection of plunger cutters, alphabet moulds, veiners, and flower pressing moulds and show you how to correctly use them for perfect results every time.
You will then be allowed to be as creative as you wish to decorate your cupcakes!
Lou will be on hand to help you create a stunning set of cakes that will wow everyone, and you will go home with lots of tips and techniques that will make your future cupcakes perfect every time.
What will you take home from this class?
At the end of the class you will have completed 6 cupcakes, you will also get a box to transport them home in plus a 27 page, very detailed tutorial (emailed to you) with step by step notes.
The skills you will take home, will ensure your confidence in working with sugarpaste and modelling paste.
What will you need to bring to this class?
We will supply the cupcakes, buttercream, sugarpaste, flowerpaste and modelling pastes, plus all the equipment and boards and boxes to take your cupcakes home in, so you don't need to bring anything!
The Cake Makery will provide tea, coffee and cold refreshments as needed!
This class is for beginners and anyone looking to perfect their skills a bit further, giving you the confidence to recreate the cupcakes or come up with your own designs.
This is a 4 hour class that runs from 10am - 2pm. You will get plenty of time to decorate the cupcakes and ask lots of questions without worrying about taking notes. It is a maximum of 6 students only class, this allows us to give you more personalised teaching and attention.