Tutor: Louise Wilson
Time: 10am - 1pm both days
Skill Level: Beginner
Equipment: All equipment and pastes will be provided for you.
Cake: You will bring an 8" fruit cake, we will give you a recipe
Class Size: This class has a maximum of 4 students.
What will you learn in this class?
• Hints and tips on baking fruit cakes.
• How to feed and store fruit cakes.
• How to level and marzipan your cake.
• Covering your cake including icing the cake board.
• Colouring your paste.
• Understanding different kinds of pastes and why we use them.
• Learn how to make your own glue.
• Making royal icing.
• Colouring royal icing.
• Basic piping skills and techniques.
• Working with modelling paste.
• Model gorgeous Christmas characters.
• Learn how to adapt your modelling for different shapes.
• Using cutters effectively.
• Construct beautiful Christmas trees.
• Developing a side design for your cake.
• Combining all your elements effectively.
• Using ribbons
• Finishing off your cake board beautifully
• Rescuing mistakes and accidents
• Glitter guidelines
• Get your fruit cake decorating questions answered by an expert
• Boxing cakes
Why you should come to this class.
Just after dinner on Christmas day, everyone loves a bit of Christmas fruit cake! this year that cake can be made and decorated by you!.
During this class you will be taught lots of amazing tips on how to marzipan and cover a fruit cake for a perfect finish, and also lots of great modelling skills too as you will also create the santa, snowman, sleigh, presents and trees for decoration.
What will you take home from this class?
You will take home your finished cake in a box that we will provide.
Each student will also be given our very detailed 45 page PDF (emailed to you after the class) that we wrote to accompany this class, giving full instructions and lots of useful photos to help remind you of what you learned in class.
What will you need to bring to this class?
You will need to bring an 8" round fruit cake with you, we will provide you with our tried and tested recipe in 8 tin sizes!
We will supply the marzipan, sugarpaste, flowerpaste and modelling pastes, plus all the equipment you use and boxes to take your cupcakes home in, so you don't need to bring anything. We do however advise you bring an apron with you! The Cake Makery will provide tea, coffee and cold refreshments as needed!
This class is for beginners and anyone looking to learn how to marzipan and cover a fruit cake, and create fabulous Christmas decorations too.
This is an daytime class that is split over two days, the cost includes both days. Both days the class runs from 10am - 1.00pm. It has a maximum of 4 students, this allows us to give you more personalised teaching and attention. It is split over two days to allow drying time for the marzipan overnight.